Commentary on the so-called Creation/Evolution/Intelligent Design Debate and Right-Wing nuttery in general - and please ignore the typos (I make lots!)

Monday, December 10, 2007

Are we surprised by this?

I'm not:



W. Thomas Smith., Jr., the controversial web-based reporter who wrote disputed stories from Lebanon, has resigned from his position as a contributor to National Review Online's The Tank blog. Smith had been the subject of a lengthy piece on the Huffington Post raising questions about the accuracy of his
work...


In addition to writing for NRO, Smith, a fomer Marine, is the director the Counterterrorism Research Center at the Family Security Foundation, and the
executive editor of World Defense Review. He co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Intelligent Design.



Right wing politics, dishonesty, and anti-evolutionism seem to go hand in hand.... in hand...

2 comments:

Randy Stimpson said...

Like the above post, most of what you have written is ad holmium (argument against the person) and I don’t want to waste my time responding to that. So let me reread your arguments defending the hypothesis that 97% of the human genome is junk to see if I can find anything to respond to …. Well the only relevant point I found is that bit about mouse DNA and I believe I responded to that.

Doppelganger said...

Ad holmium, eh?

I wonder if you will understand why I am laughing....

Of cours,e an TRULY 'INtelligent Designer' might actually understand that I was not even making an argument, thus "ad holmium' (SIC" (LOL!) does not even apply.

You might want to stop trying to label my claims as things they are not meant to be (i.e., misrepresenting me) and just try to educate yourself on the things you so handily pontificate on.

You might not make so many mistakes and come off like a prime Krueger-Dunning data point if you were to do this..